Advanced Naming Bundle
250+ pages. The transition period into a medical setting may be difficult without the appropriate underlying foundational knowledge and resources. This bundle was created by Medical SLPs as an educational guide to smooth the transition into a medical SLP setting. Primarily, this resource is useful for clinical fellows (CFs) and speech therapists transitioning into long-term care, subacute rehabilitation, and/or skilled nursing facilities. This download includes information on procedures and documentation, billing and coding, ready made handouts and in-service resources, a comprehensive goal bank, ideas for functional therapy, and much more.
Table of Contents
Section 1. Knowledge and Considerations
- Documentation Procedures
- Goal Writing
- Common Abbreviations
- SLP Conditions
Section 2. Forms and Evaluation
- Intake Form
- Case History – Functional Assessment
- Screening Forms
- Dysphagia Forms
Section 3. Educational Handouts
- What is a Medical Speech Therapist?
- What is Dysphagia?
- Dysphagia: Signs and Symptoms
- Dysphagia and Oral Care
- Dysphagia and Safe Swallowing Inservice
- Aphasia Differential Diagnosis
- What is Apraxia of Speech?
- What is Dysarthria?
Section 4. Treatment Materials
- Description of everyday objects
- Personal yes/no questions
- WH – questions
- AAC and gesturing
- Functional phrase completion
- Pictures and symbols of everyday objects
- Describing semantic features
- Common object cueing flash cards
- Expanding utterances
- Generative naming
- Matching everyday objects
- Functional daily reading – menus, weather, medication labels
- Biographical and functional writing
- Memory strategies and spaced retrieval
- Everyday sequencing
- Scheduling daily routines
- Printable safety signs
- Additional therapy ideas
- Safe strategies
- Swallowing exercises
Free AAC communication board. Contains printable and high-quality images.
Includes automatic speech routines such as:
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.